Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Abusive Relationships Why Stay?

Many people are abuse in their relationships for many reasons. When most females are abused in a relationship they tend to blame their self if their partners decide to leave, or they start to apologize for something they know that is not their fault. I believe that most females stay in abusive relationships because they are in fear of what might happen to them when their partners find out that they are planning to leave them. Needless to say no one should be in a relationship where they are being abused.


Towards the end of high school, I met who I thought was my Prince Charming. Things happened very quickly, and before I knew it I was completely head over heels, in too deep. At first, he seemed like the perfect guy! He had a big, happy family, good grades, played sports, and high ambitions for his future. He was everything I ever wanted- so I thought. He even had a little sister, about 1 year old, that he adored and was so good to. I fell in love with him, and cared for nothing else.

At first, he was so perfect. He opened doors for me, surprised me with little things like flowers and my favorite candy, and always wanted to spend time with me. But after a few months of perfection, things got a little intense. Sex became the most important aspect of our relationship for him, and he made that very clear. If I was tired, or said no for any reason, he made it into a huge deal and would make me feel guilty, and eventually I’d give in. He began to slowly break me down into a person I didn't even recognize. I was always a strong, independent person who wasn't afraid to speak her mind or stand her ground. He made me forget that person. He had me skipping classes to go have sex with him, or else we'd be in a huge fight and he wouldn't talk to me. He got me to lie to my parents, my boss, my teachers, and even myself. All the while I told myself how much he loves me and how perfect we were- I was living in an alternate universe. One I had created to avoid the pain of the reality. I began to feel like I needed him, like I could not be without him. Nothing else mattered but being with him. So when he left for college, I broke apart completely, and things got worse. I wasn't allowed to have guy friends, or even go out with my regular friends. If he wanted me to spend two weeks with him, then I had to put everything in my life on hold to do so. And I did. I threw my life under the bus and put him first.


My friends and parents were telling me to leave him for the longest time and how awful he treated me, but I never listened. I never saw it. It wasn't until about 6 months after we ended contact that I fully realized the extent of the abuse.
http://www.gotinspiration.org/content/159-Abusive-Relationship-How-I-survived

This is a story that a female experienced in her relationship, her story explains how she met a decent guy or so she thought and how he was nice and got her things that she liked like roses and more. At the begging of what she thought was a good relationship turned out to be the worst relationship she came in contact with. Although the guy was nice in the beginning as their relationship went on his attitude became to change and he starts being mean towards her. It is obvious that she was in love with him because although her family and friends warned her to leave the relationship she refuse and stayed because she was love blind. I ask myself why would people stay in abusive relationships if the person is not treating you right? And from her story I understand that she was in love with him and felt that he was the one for her but she deserve better than that and I'm glad that she finally saw through it and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment